Hydrotherapy is used to relieve pain, strengthen muscles and improve fitness. It can also help to restore mobility, improve balance and coordination and provide a form of aerobic exercise that can be sport and task specific. A wide variety of equipment can be used to vary the intensity of the workout, including water weights, deep water running belts and flotation devices.
Hydrotherapy benefits the following conditions:
- Joint replacement therapy (hip, knee and shoulder)
- Pre and post orthopaedic surgery
- Back pain
- Arthritis & inflammatory conditions (rheumatoid, osteoarthritis, ankylosing spondylitis)
- Sporting injuries
- Poor mobility or balance impairments
- Neurological conditions (Stroke, MS and Parkinsons’ disease)
Our qualified and trained physiotherapists will prescribe you with a comprehensive program to treat your ailments and rehabilitate your injury.