Women’s and Men’s Health is a specialty area involving the management of bladder and bowel incontinence, pelvic floor dysfunction, sexual dysfunction and pre and post natal care.
Physiotherapy can be used successfully in the management of:
- Urinary and bowel incontinence (loss of bladder control, urinary urgency and/or frequency, bowel/faecal incontinence)
- Pelvic floor and abdominal muscle weakness
- Uterine/bowel/bladder prolapse (feelings of ‘internal heaviness’)
- Pelvic pain and pain related to childbirth or surgery
- Preparation for pelvic/abdominal surgery (i.e. hysterectomy, prolapse repair, prostatectomy or bladder procedures)
In addition to using real time ultrasound (RTUS) for treatment and rehabilitation of the problems mentioned above, we are skilled in the safe prescription of exercises pre and post birth.